[Wolves] Dbase to SQL sync

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Wed Mar 18 16:45:45 UTC 2009

Simon B. wrote:
> dick_turpin wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Here's an interesting one (Maybe for you Ron?)
>> Have a customer who is running ACT6 which uses Dbase they want to sync
>> to a CRM on an Interanet which will be SQL based. I suspect the Intranet
>> is MS based, for those that don't know, ACT is a CRM that runs on
>> Windows only.
>>
>> Any of you DB bods got any ideas? I've posted to the ACT group on
>> LinkedIN but so far its not been very helpful.
>> "You'll have to write something" Duh!
>>

> The ACT database is passworded. During the install ACT sets the
> password. You can get the password by paying sage.
> I found this by trying to do the same thing. Im currently resorting with
> good old csv files and importing them.
>
> If anyone finds different please let me know.

Are you sure? You can import the DB files into Access and I've imported
them before into Reckal and Open Office.
The only things you cant get at are emails, notes and attachments but
then that's not required in this scenario.

I think Outlook can import your ACT contacts, certainly my BroadcastHTML
can import from ACT and of course if you purchase Goldmine that too can
import your ACT contacts from the ACT DB so I'm not sure about this
locked/password.

If you've lost your user password simply go to 'Manage Users' click in
the end of the password field and press delete one at a time this
reveals nearly all the password one letter at a time (Remember to click
Cancel not OK) it was a fault/bug with the old ACT

Import/Export is not required, it'd mean every night exporting and
importing. Ever tried that with 120,000 records (ACT6 only really
supports 50,000) it takes all day and that's just exporting!