[Wolves] Mandriva Spring

Claire lug at sitesearcher.co.uk
Fri May 1 13:41:25 UTC 2009

I've not heard of anything Loco wise. I was considering giving Ubuntu
another go, I use Mandriva with a gnome desktop.

When I was sat tossing up which distro to go with on the then new
desktop I did alot of reading and at the time Mandriva came out as a
speedy distro, I don't know how it compares now.
I wanted something everybody could use which I wouldn't have to spend
all my time fixing or configuring. I like the MCC (Mandriva Control
Centre) which brings all the settings into one easy to find place and
the One CD comes with the necessary evil of proprietary video drivers. I
think Ubuntu was not so polished then. At the time I was running a
business from it and whilst its fun to faff it isn't so much when
there's a customer on the phone. I've stuck with it since because of its
ease of use.
I've installed Fedora, but don't really like it, on one family laptop
and have a broken T40 thinkpad to get fixed (If anyone knows somebody
that can resolder the ati video chip?) for the distro of my own choosing.

Perhaps its time to broaden my horizons!