[Wolves] Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 USB devices disabling Eee PC?

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed May 6 23:54:51 UTC 2009

Andrew Lewis wrote:
>> As I remember it, there is a utility called something like eee-config,
>> that you can get from http://array.org/ubuntu/packages.html
>> eee-config will let you turn the devices on and off from a little icon
>> near the panel.
>>

> I tell a lie - it's actually called eee-control-tray, and you can get
> it from http://greg.geekmind.org/eee-control/
>
> spline

Thanks Spline. But that's a kludge isn't it? Admittedly a kludge that
may enable me to make the leap to Ubuntu. When you install Ubuntu on an
Eee 1000 does it make sensible suggestions about partitions?

I realised yesterday that Xandros doesn't tell you when your
none-standard apps have updates waiting. It's also installed the new
version of apps without removing the icon from the old version. Why ASUS
didn't just provide a repo and use standard update tools that work is
beyond me.

Woo