[Wolves] Linux Wins!

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue May 12 10:06:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 10:00 +0100, Kevanf1 wrote:
> 2009/5/12 Andrew Lewis <andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk>:
> >> Well they won the American revolutionary war, albeit that much of the
> >> heavy lifting was performed by French land and sea forces. Don't
> >> forget that Bon Jovi captured the Enigma machine and cipher keys:
> >>
> > Don't get me started on that Movie. Or the Patriot.
> > *shuffles off grumbling*
> >
> > spline
> >

> I won't mention the American versions of H.G. Wells' classic novels
> that are set in the UK originally :-(  Now that get really gets to me.

It works sometimes (well obviously not with real history but with
novels).   I thought I'd hate the Americanised (cockin' spell check
wants to Americanise that spelling) version of High Fidelity because
London and the other women being American is such a part of the novel.
In fact it's a very English story but John Cusack rocked that role and
you'd struggle to imagine an English version which the execs would have
insisted had Hugh fucking Grant in the lead role would have been as
good.

--
Stephen 'sparkes' Parkes - http://zx-81.com - twitter.com/steve_parkes