[Wolves] Today's Guessing Game

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Tue May 26 09:17:10 UTC 2009

Hi All

Seeing as things seem a bit quiet here's a guessing game given that I'm
too lazy to figure it out.

openSUSE 11.1
1. Switch the power on, at the post screen (Not Grub) "Could not find
system press any key to continue" press any old thing and low and behold
we get Grub. I should point out that this machine used to be dual boot
so maybe MBR is up the creek?

2. KDE4 Desk Top after Grub, now and again, when we should be presented
with our lubberly desktop we sometimes get a white screen (almost like a
jpeg or something) and Ekiga, which is the only Autostart app and
nothing else. If I hit CTRL+Backspace I get a nice beep sound from the
system board.

I can switch to another terminal and shutdown -h(r) now but here is
another spooking thing if I press the power button just right for a
thousandth of a millisecond the desktop will burst into life.

Just some gristle to chew on while we are waiting for LugRadio live :-)