[Wolves] upgrading memory in sister laptop

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:22:57 UTC 2009

2009/11/15 Mark Croft <croftyboy at googlemail.com>:
> She wants her old uni laptop memory upgraded.
>
> it is a hi-grade C2200 - (1551/MS2145)
>
> memory installed is AENEON  - 256MB,DDR,333,CL2.5 PC2700S-2533-1
>
> searching google n ebay found this 1GB for £35 is that about the right price?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1GB-DDR-266%2f333%2f400MHz-200-PIN-SODIMM-RAM-FOR-LAPTOPS_W0QQitemZ380169143504QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&rvr_id=&cguid=93e51b0e1230a0e202a40984ff497c59
>
> I not know much about laptop memory.
> Anyone got any spare memory they want to sell that would fit this machine?
> I guess it re-badged model cos there limit information about it.
>
> Mark

Mark.  Personally I would never bother buying 'second hand' memory off
eBay.  I've had my fingers burned a few times because people simply
don't now how to handle memory and it's damaged.  Have you tried
putting the make and model into the Crucial Memory search boxes?

http://www.crucial.com/uk/

The online search works in any browser, unlike thier memory 'tool'
which sadly only works for Windows...

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire