[Wolves] Website Account Requests

dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri Oct 9 09:55:54 UTC 2009

Dave Morley wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 10:45 +0100, Ron Wellsted wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> Due to only receiving requests for logins from bots/spammers, user
>> generated requests for website accounts have been shut off. If you are a
>> LUG member and want an account email me and I will create an account for
>> you.
>>

> It got that bad :(

Yeah Ron, its such a 'f'ing pain in Le Derrière.
Our registration on the archlinux.org.uk site is sort of broken, you can
register but I have to activate the account. Given the patently obvious
crud that is trying to get an account I'm glad its broken and have no
intention of fixing it as its a sure fire way of keeping them out.