[Wolves] LAMP Tuning training/consultancy anyone?

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Thu Oct 22 18:12:32 UTC 2009

> Hi,
>
> This is my first post, but I thought I'd been a member for some time.
> Turns out I wasn't - I had subscribed some years ago via
> wlv at mailman.lug.org.uk, I think. Anyway, I think that is why you were
> all so quiet during that time!

Welcome to wolveslug! (Even if I am a few years late with that!)

<snip>
> This year, they've taken the courageous step of deciding to move to
> open source

\o/ yay!  Always nice to see companies embrace the future :)

> We're looking for someone interested in coming to Bromsgrove for a
> day's consultancy/training to get me/us up to speed on LAMP stack
> tuning. Ideally, early November would suit, but I'm sure we can work
> around the trainer/consultant's schedule.

Has anyone pointed you at www.palepurple.co.uk yet?  Bromsgrove based LAMP/ PHP development company, they use drupal and do training etc so should be worth talking to. They're a good bunch of people and technically very clued up. Dave Goodwin (the joint owner) may even still be subsribed to the list... (hi Dave!)

chris