[Wolves] MySQL

Simon Fielding s.fielding at wmcce.org
Tue Aug 3 08:45:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 20:22 +0100, Peter Cannon wrote:
> On 02/08/10 11:08, Simon Fielding wrote:
>
> > See http://wb.mysql.com/
>
> Hi Simon
>
> For your viewing pleasure
> http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk/downloads/Stuff/t101snapshot.png
>
> Not sure I have the connections right (Many_to_one) but I think I have.

Looks fairly good as a starting point - can an individual copy of a
product have multiple licences/dates? I would expect each separate copy
of eg AV_business to have its own row in the table and if so, those
links could be one-to-one. The best thing is probably to create the DB
and put in a few records then see if you can get out what you want from
it. If not, it might be time to rethink the DB design.

If you use InnoDB as your DB engine, it should handle the FK's and
appropriate constraints properly when you generate the DB creation sql
script.

Simon