[Wolves] MySQL

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Tue Aug 3 08:57:20 UTC 2010

On 03/08/10 09:45, Simon Fielding wrote:

> Looks fairly good as a starting point - can an individual copy of a
> product have multiple licences/dates? I would expect each separate copy
> of eg AV_business to have its own row in the table and if so, those
> links could be one-to-one.

You have 1 copy of AV_business licensed for lets say 15 users with one
expiry date. However you could purchase another copy for say 5 users
with a different expiry date.

Also you can purchase across the range, Home, Business, Linux or Windows.

> The best thing is probably to create the DB
> and put in a few records then see if you can get out what you want from
> it. If not, it might be time to rethink the DB design.

Yeah as I say the db and tables are created now my plan for today is
linking (joining) the tables then having a play. Given that I'm learning
deleting, updating blah blah blah is all good learning stuff repetition
is a good tool for learning.

> If you use InnoDB as your DB engine, it should handle the FK's and
> appropriate constraints properly when you generate the DB creation sql
> script.

It is using InnoDB actually I used the workbench more for giving me a
graphical representation of what I've done so far rather than using it
to 'create' which is what I imagine it can do.