[Wolves] *IMPORTANT* - Re: LIST - Target Shooting

Chris Ellis chris.ellis.intrbiz at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 1 14:42:11 UTC 2010

Hi

I was having similar thoughts, the roads here are not looking good, so as much
as I'd like to go to night, I'm not going to come along now.

Chris

On 1 December 2010 13:29, Adam Sweet <adam at adamsweet.org> wrote:

> Sorry for the dramatic subject line and the top post but it seems the
> best way to get people's attention.
>
> I passed Aldersley Stadium last night and was one of three people (in
> the few minutes I was there) who completely lost grip on a sheet of ice
> which appears to cover the mini-roundabout on the entrance to the
> stadium and went careering across the roundabout and into the railings
> on the other side.
>
> I slowed down to make sure a car crossing the roundabout was actually
> crossing and not just turning right without indicating as seems so
> common these days, as I looked up I saw the car in front of me had
> crashed into the railings, I hit the brakes to slow down and although I
> was only going about 15 mph the car just carried on into the railings,
> narrowly missing the other crashed car.
>
> I'm ok, my car is ok apart from the number plate and some mis-alignment
> of the bumper but the girl in front of me wasn't so lucky, her car
> seemed a bit wrecked.
>
> I didn't see the ice at all, the road leading up to it seemed to be
> gritted but went I got out of my car afterwards the whole roundabout
> seemed to be a cap of crystal clear ice that wouldn't be visible on a
> casual glance as you approach it after being on a gritted road.
>
> So, just a word of warning, be very careful on the mini roundabout on
> the entrance to the stadium, especially if you're coming from the
> Pendeford direction where you have gravity working against you.
>
> I'm not sure if I'll be coming at the moment, I don't fancy risking that
> roundabout again. There's a good chance it has been (re)gritted but I
> would have thought it had been yesterday too.
>
> Ron, do you want to share this with the Wythall Radio Club people?
>
> Ad
>

> On 30/11/10 23:42, Steph Wellsted wrote:
>>

>>> A chance to try your hand at target shooting with air rifles on a
>>> Olympic class 10m range (as used by Team GB and the Paralympic Team).
>>>
>>> Wednesday, 1st December 2010
>>> Start at 7:30 p.m. prompt finish 9:00 - 9:15
>>>
>>> We will be joined by Wythall Radio Club
>>>
>>> Cost £5 per person, any profits to 1st Penn Fields Scout Group
>>>
>>> West Midlands Regional Shooting Centre
>>> Aldersley Leisure Village
>>> Aldersley Road
>>> Wolverhampton
>>> West Midlands
>>> WV6 9NW
>>>
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.60635&lon=-2.14737&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF
>>>

>>> Please download, print off, complete and bring with you the declaration
>>> at http://www.wolveslug.org.uk/files/ShootingDeclaration_0.pdf
>>>
>>> Goes:
>>> 1. Ron Wellsted
>>> 2. Alex WIllmer
>>> 3. Amrik Singh
>>> 4. Ad
>>> 5. Chris Ellis + Nick Lowe
>>> 6. Peter Oliver
>>> 7. Steph Wellsted
>>>
>>> No Goes:
>>> 1. Dave Morley (too busy killing artex fscking stuff)
>>> 2. PeterC (Apparently its illegal to hunt Amo)