[Wolves] Screen / desktop recorder

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 12:52:33 UTC 2010

Hi folk,

I am hoping someone can help here.

I am trying to record a desktop session to add to web pages. The apps that I
tried did not deliver the quality

I was after. I tried the following:

Istanbul
VLC
XVidcap

XVidCap seemed the better of the three, but when viewed the recording it was all
over the place and it kept creating
screens within screens, as if it went into an infinite loop. The sound was
awful, actually none existent .

If all fails I thought I could do an OpenOffice presentation and add sound. I
tried it and the sound recording with the default sound recorder on Ubuntu 10.4
worked perfectly and it worked when I started the slide show. Obviously this is
a last resort solution.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers

Mo