[Wolves] Screen / desktop recorder

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 13:41:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 12:52 +0000, Mo             Awkati wrote:
>> Hi folk,
>>
>> I am hoping someone can help here.
>>
>> I am trying to record a desktop session to add to web             pages. The
>>apps
>> that I tried did not deliver the quality
>> I was after. I tried the following:
>>
>> Istanbul
>> VLC
>> XVidcap
>>
>> XVidCap seemed the better of the three, but when viewed             the
>>recording
>> it was all over the place and it kept creating
>> screens within screens, as if it went into an infinite             loop. The
>>sound
>> was awful, actually none existent .
>>
>> If all fails I thought I could do an OpenOffice             presentation and
>>add
>> sound. I tried it and the sound recording with the             default sound
>> recorder on Ubuntu 10.4 worked perfectly and it worked             when I
>>started
>> the slide show. Obviously this is a last resort             solution.
>>
>> Any ideas or suggestions?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Mo
>>
>GTKrecordmydesktop
>
>It can record audio, windows, desktop.
>
>The record quality is excellent and in a .ogg container.
>
>Plenty of options for more advanced features too.
>
>Available in an Ubuntu Software Center near you.
>>

>Thanks Dave,  just the business. Cheers.
>
>Mo

Look I have read this, some days ago:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/12/record-screen-linux/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+d0od+%28Omg!+Ubuntu!%29

It might help you.

Octavio Sanchez

Wow, installed it in no time, and just tested it , it is way ahead of the rest.
It does not seem to be resource hungry
like the others. I will try later in detail. :-)

Sorry Dave, Kazam is so much better!

many thanks