[Wolves] Hard Drive formatting

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 2 11:55:15 UTC 2010

Hi Folk

Santa brought me a combo enclosure which accommodates SATA and IDE drives and connects to my PC via USB.  I have put in it a spare 80 GB SATA drive. My intention is to use the drive to store data on it rather than boot a distro. I have formatted the drive a number of times to EXT3 and 4 and also FAT 32 and none of them works well. I can write some data to it but it keeps locking when I try to transfer a large file say something like a file with a few music tracks on it. I tested the drive and its ok.

Any ideas?

Mo