[Wolves] Happy Christmas Mum

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Tue Jan 5 10:37:57 UTC 2010

Hi All

Just a short story to warm you all up while its snowing at the minute.

So I bought my mum a Matsui 7" Digital picture frame for Christmas which
  cost £27.00 now my mummy is past retirement age but bless her heart
she is a bit of a technophobe she has like a 300 year old mobile phone
that confuses the hell out of her, when we replaced her old piano key
VCR we had WWIII for six months.

With this in mind I bunged loads of family photos on the picture frame
and set up the display parameters making sure all she needed to do was
plug it in and switch it on. I went to see her at the weekend and
noticed the box sat on the magazine rack but no frame on display.

Me: "Where's the picture frame mum?"
Mum: "Its in the box its safe"
Me: "But did you set it up? You know put the stand on and switch it on?"
Mum: "Oh yes its lovely, I looked at the pictures, very nice"
Me: "So why is it not on display?"
Mum: "What do you mean?"
Me: "Its a picture frame mum you can put it on your sideboard"
Mum: "What do you mean?"
Me: "Switch it on and look at the pictures"
Mum: "But it keeps changing"
Me: "Its supposed too, so you don't get bored with the same picture"
Mum: "Ooh I cant be doing with that it'll do my head in"

Pete shakes his head in dismay.