[Wolves] Online Storage

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 9 10:43:17 UTC 2010

Hi All

What are your thoughts on online data storage? I am researching this subject for a possible article on the use of open source software. The readership are not necessarily IT savvy.

My thoughts
1- Yes if you don't have an alternative
2- There is the issue of data security
3- Where would one stand should the data be lost, for whatever reason, if it is stored outside of UK?
4- Yes you can access it from any pc/laptop with internet connection.
5- Doing your work over the internet is the in thing now. I am not knocking it, just an observation, I prefer my data to be very near me, and religiously backed up. But then I am paranoid about protecting my data ( I don't have anything sinister!!), I just don't like some else in charge of it!.
6- And of course there is the potential cost.

Probably there are other issues. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Mo