[Wolves] Dick's Tips (Tbird + Ubuntu)

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Tue Jan 12 11:16:10 UTC 2010

netzsooc at gmail.com wrote:
> I have not yet installed Karmic (being lazy), but wouldn't it work as
> well just with evolution better than with TB?

There may be ways of doing it with Evolution, but I haven't tried them.
However the major flaw in your plan is that Evolution is bollocks ;)

As it happens, I didn't like Lightning+Provider for Google either, it
looked terrible and was buggy, but it was about 2 and a half years ago
so maybe things are better now. I might give it another try.

As you appear to be a Spanish speaker (Octavio?) and might not be
familiar with British slang:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks

:)

Ad

> El 12/01/2010 10:51, Peter Cannon <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> escribió:
>  > If you use Ubuntu (Karmic) and Thunderbird and you're not one of
> these data
>  >
>  > scaredy cats you'll probably want to integrate your Google contacts
> and calendar.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > For your contacts use Zindus from the Mozilla addons works perfectly
> and allows
>  >
>  > you to sync 4 or more Gmail accounts (I do).
>  >
>  > For your calenders *do not use* Lightning and Provider for google
> from the Mozilla
>  >
>  > addons.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Instead use ~sudo apt-get install lightning-extension
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > This will install lightning (Calendar) and Provider for Google just
> get your ical
>  >
>  > details from your Google calender create a new calender call it
> Google or whatever
>  >
>  > hammer your ical details in, swig some tea, delete the local calender
> (If you want
>  >
>  > to) and Bobs your uncle Fannies your aunt.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > That is all