[Wolves] Vacancy - Junior PHP Developer

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Mon Jan 18 14:42:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 14:29 +0000, Peter Cannon wrote:
> roundyz at hotmail.ru wrote:
>
> > I'm not too sure on the php salery for a junior developer, but either
> > way that wage is low for any developer, language aside. You could
> > just as well change the word "junior" for "graduate" to justify the crap
> > wage. If they can only allocate 15 grand a year for this position, they
> > should perhaps look at employing a seasoned developer part time, I'm
> > sure productivity and experience would be increased.
>
> To be honest I've been following Linux/OSS jobs for over a year now, it seems
> standard practice to;
>
> 1. Offer an appalling low wage.
> 2. Ask for skills in as many disciplines and areas as possible.
>
> As an example I've seen jobs where a Mysql developer was required however the
> criteria asked for stuff like Perl and Ruby on rails I get the feeling certain
> employers want someone to actually look after 'A' but they know those people are
> expensive so offer jobs looking after 'B' with the mention of 'A' in the job
> requirements so they can get someone on the cheap.
>
> I'm not saying this is the case in this particular instance just my observations.

To be honest Pete it is happening across the board.

However I think employers now understand that if you have used Linux for
a while you know more than the average joe so why not get the most out
of your new asset by adding as much to the work load as possible :)

--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk