[Wolves] Wireless nas box maybe

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 12:17:55 UTC 2010

Uhm, could be my age and length of time away from the IT coal face...

But - it says it's 1.2, fitted with the two 640GB drives, so in the
long-time tradition of advertising unformatted disk sizes this is
correct.

Plus it does mirrored disks (RAID 1), so yes it can survive a disk
failure (albeit with the RAID then being 'broken') out of the box.

According to the specs tab It can fit a total of four disks and does
RAID 5, so it can even survive a single disk failure and keep chugging
along.

Agree it's a nice looking box, not a bad price, shame it's only SATA
I,  though I wonder if it'd be much of a real performance bottleneck
given it's target market.
--
Regards,

Peter Evans