[Wolves] Does your internet connection slow down during peak?

Andy Jewell Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 09:27:16 UTC 2010

From: wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk [wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Claire [lug at sitesearcher.co.uk]
Sent: 09 June 2010 10:11
To: Wolverhampton Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [Wolves] Does your internet connection slow down during peak?

We had problems with Virgin 50mbit over a period of about 9 months. Its
important to claim money from them, not just for the loss of service but
also the time you are spending on the phone to them, they are relatively
willing to pay but they'll have to check with the supervisor to get
beyond the derogatory £10. I had them paying £20 every time I had to
ring up, which incidentally coincided with any time it rained.

Also ask them for a fault reference and make sure it gets reported under
the same reference each time or they just create it as another fault and
it won't be as high up the todo list for them as it would if its
something they have already been to. You can whinge on their message
board too and, if you are blatent enough, find others on the same UBR
and have them claiming £20 too :)

Touch wood - after it did eventually get properly fixed its been great!
Rarely dips below full speed.

Hi Claire,

I'm not so bothered about getting recompense - and I've already made up my mind to switch. However, I'd never have expected them to compensate anyone (that makes me niaive i guess). My worry is tha if our exchange is as crappy as they say it is, we might have a hard time getting a reliable connection, whatever I do, whomever I go with.

Andy D'Arcy Jewell
SysMicro Linux Support

T:  +44 (0) 844 991 8804
M: +44 (0) 7961 605631
F:  +44 (0) 844 357 7020
E:  andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
W: www.sysmicro.co.uk

CRN THE CHANNEL AWARDS 2009 WINNER
SysMicro named CRN’s Editor’s Choice for Emerging Business of the Year 2009, recognising SysMicro for our considerable growth, specifically in Enterprise Solutions.