[Wolves] Does your internet connection slow down during peak?

Andy Jewell Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 09:47:24 UTC 2010

From: wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk [wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Kevanf1 [kevanf1 at gmail.com]
Sent: 09 June 2010 10:30
To: Wolverhampton Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [Wolves] Does your internet connection slow down during peak?

I used to be with Plusnet (who are now owned by BT and who went
totally rubbish after being bought out by them...) but I've been with
O2 for about a year and a half now.  O2 are bloody awesome!  I have no
download limits, speed for me is around an average of 5mb sometimes
going higher very rarely is any lower.  Ok, I hear some people
laughing at 'only' 5mb.  Our exchange is not yet updated for higher
speeds and we may get cable in 100 years time, no joke.  I know I have
downloaded over 100gb some months (that's actually rare) but bear in
mind this is a family of 5 adults who all do a lot of surfing.  I have
never experienced a slow down or had any nasty warning letters
(e-mails) unlike when I was a Plusnet customer.  All this for 7.50 per
month :-)  I'm happy enough.

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire

My dad raves about O2 too, but unfortunately, O2 are not able to offer their own broadband on my exchange - they would give me broadband on BT's kit - just like Virgin do, and it;s more expensive too.

Andy D'Arcy Jewell
SysMicro Linux Support

T:  +44 (0) 844 991 8804
M: +44 (0) 7961 605631
F:  +44 (0) 844 357 7020
E:  andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
W: www.sysmicro.co.uk

CRN THE CHANNEL AWARDS 2009 WINNER
SysMicro named CRN’s Editor’s Choice for Emerging Business of the Year 2009, recognising SysMicro for our considerable growth, specifically in Enterprise Solutions.