[Wolves] Does your internet connection slow down during peak?

Andy Jewell Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 09:56:10 UTC 2010

From: wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk [wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Kevanf1 [kevanf1 at gmail.com]
Sent: 09 June 2010 10:50
To: Wolverhampton Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [Wolves] Does your internet connection slow down during peak?

On 9 June 2010 09:45, Andy Jewell <Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk> wrote:

> My dad raves about O2 too, but unfortunately, O2 are not able to offer their own broadband on my exchange - they would give me broadband on BT's kit - just like Virgin do, and it;s more expensive too.
>
> Andy D'Arcy Jewell
> SysMicro Linux Support

Do you mean coming through a BT line rental?  I have that.  I know O2
are now doing a line rental package too but I haven't had chance to
look at that yet.

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire

Yes - and because of the state of the exchange, they can't/won't put their own kit in it - so we'd have to either stick with a BT  phone line, and get BB from O2 or get both from them, but still on BT equipment. This is both slower and has the same inherent congestion problem.

(This confirmed by O2, BT and Virgin).

Andy D'Arcy Jewell
SysMicro Linux Support

T:  +44 (0) 844 991 8804
M: +44 (0) 7961 605631
F:  +44 (0) 844 357 7020
E:  andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
W: www.sysmicro.co.uk

CRN THE CHANNEL AWARDS 2009 WINNER
SysMicro named CRN’s Editor’s Choice for Emerging Business of the Year 2009, recognising SysMicro for our considerable growth, specifically in Enterprise Solutions.