[Wolves] Hello and help!

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Fri Mar 26 16:05:42 UTC 2010

On 26/03/10 15:07, Dave Morley wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 15:02 +0000, Mark Rogers wrote:
>
>> Apologies in advance for the drive-by mailing - I promise to stick
>> around on the list for any replies!
>>
>> I'm based in Peterborough (and I'm active on the Peterborough LUG list)
>> but one of my customers is based in Wolverhampton and is having Linux
>> problems:
>>
>> "I refer to our conversation regarding the ASUS little shitty netbook
>> thing my daughter has. Like I said, all she wants to do on it is surf
>> the internet&  manage her itunes on it"
>>
>> I'm going to see what I can do remotely, but assuming you guys are the
>> sort of friendly bunch we are over here in Peterborough I'm guessing
>> there may be someone who could help him upgrade his netbook (I'm
>> assuming an EEE) to something like eeebuntu and assist him with
>> Songbird/Amarok/Banshee/whatever? I don't use iTunes so I'm out of my
>> depth anyway! Not sure if he's want to come to a meet anyway, but
>> thought I'd check there's someone here first!
>>
>> Mark Rogers
>>

> Lots of us here.
>
> Standard Ubuntu netbook should be fine. But he might want to wait for
> Lucid to get released then there will be full support for ipods and
> Ubuntu Music store to deal with the itunes issue :D

Not sure that's strictly true Dave, I tried Karmic on the daughters Asus
900 (or is it 901?) anyway it was a tad slow. easeypeasey is pretty good
and nimble.

Hm "Manage her iTunes on it"? We all know my feelings on trying to use
*Netbooks* as laptops i also refer you to the archives and my site
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk/?p=159 eeePC ate my girls ipod