[Wolves] Hello and help!

Mark Rogers mark at quarella.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 15:34:22 UTC 2010

On 26/03/10 16:05, Peter Cannon wrote:
> On 26/03/10 15:07, Dave Morley wrote:
>
>> Lots of us here.
>> Standard Ubuntu netbook should be fine. But he might want to wait for
>> Lucid to get released then there will be full support for ipods and
>> Ubuntu Music store to deal with the itunes issue :D
>>

> Not sure that's strictly true Dave, I tried Karmic on the daughters Asus
> 900 (or is it 901?) anyway it was a tad slow. easeypeasey is pretty good
> and nimble.
>
> Hm "Manage her iTunes on it"? We all know my feelings on trying to use
> *Netbooks* as laptops i also refer you to the archives and my site
> http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk/?p=159 eeePC ate my girls ipod

So, summary: wait for Lucid and for Easypeasy to catch up, upgrade, and
tell him where you guys are in case he has any problems :-)

Thanks for the info, I gave him links to look at Easypeasy before the
weekend (look but not touch!) so I'll see what he comes back with.

Registered in England (0456 0902) @ 13 Clarke Rd, Milton Keynes, MK1 1LG