[Wolves] 10.04 i915

stuart bell sailing1 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 10:54:08 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I've been using Lucid since a daily build in Nov, all was well until
2.6.32.21. At this point my laptop booted to a black screen ( although
nvidia desktop was fine ) kernel 32.20 booted fine but 21 no good.
I've downloaded the official release now but it's just the same.

I can now boot the laptop with " i915.modeset=0 xforcevesa.

Can anyone please explain, in terms suitable for a simpleton, what has
gone wrong?

Thanks.

ps. I can't wait til Oct when 10.10 Magic Morley is released. :)

Stuart