[Wolves] 10.04 i915

Rob Parker rob at iparker.co.uk
Sun May 2 17:44:55 UTC 2010

Ubuntu 10.04, codenamed Lucid Lynx, or just Lucid.

On the topic - I'm not really sure what's caused your issue, but I was
recently installing Lucid on considerably old laptop (a toshiba a35),
and found it'd only boot with noapic, and even then Xorg would be
unstable with things like video, but a later Xorg (or kernel, maybe)
update in the Lucid development cycle meant Xorg would not start at
all, but now with the same arguments your using (plus noapic) - to
force Xorg to use vesa and, I guess, not use KMS - I can finally start
Xorg again. But yeah, not sure where the problem lies, or whether the
two issues are related.

Rob Parker <rob at iparker.co.uk>
http://rob.iparker.co.uk/