[Wolves] OT : need to find power supply for external hard drive.

Wayne Morris waynelists at machx.co.uk
Fri May 14 19:54:49 UTC 2010

  On 14/05/2010 20:42, Mark Croft wrote:
> there is no power stats on the case of the external hard drive
> enclosure , I was hoping that it would tell me :(
>
> its a 2.5 laptop drive inside the enclosure.
>
> It maybe cheaper just to pick up another 2.5 HDD enclosure then trying
> to find a power brick for this one.
>
> thanx for help.
> weird that i can't find the manufacture details/spec of it on google.
> Does seem to be made by mentor thou.
>
> mark

Its almost certainly 5v - now I think about it, you used to get these
with TWO usb cables - one usb-usb , one usb to power - so you get
twice the power out of the computer by using two usb ports

like this one
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:M3CDB_9V9VwJ:www.seagate.com/support/disc/iguides/external/100412920.pdf+mentor+usb+hard+drive+voltage&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjpot-6bokc9WzF48VHvJgYhqv_x8fqo6qII0jZj80MEZKu_BbsEV4BZMBwbzEZ4XooKki9VVvSm6ZN9boEnlCyE0fUlALN3l7PF9RoLrjTJJhSQ_NiETRN7yyftT_mFlvH359S&sig=AHIEtbTGvcGa5JxZfymxhLilrKiwsOo58A

If you can find the right plug (try Maplins) then you could pinch 5v off
the computer psu - or indeed get a usb to power lead.