[Wolves] OT : need to find power supply for external hard drive.

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Sat May 15 13:18:38 UTC 2010

On 05/15/2010 09:13 AM, Wayne Morris wrote:

> You missed the point that it works *perfectly* plugged into one system,
> but not into another where it clicks, ditto into
> the usb port of some other gadget.

So don't stick it computer two!

Its computer two that's at fault. not the device, jesus H Christ "My arm
hurts when I do this" so don't do it.

> USB only supplies a small amount of power, USB1 less than USB 2, often
> not enough to spin up a drive, hence the need
> for an external psu.

Wrong again, HDD's don't give a shit about USB 1 or USB2 the USB
interface does.

> It is clear from this that computer 1 is USB2, others USB1  - on USB2
> the drive has enough juice to spin up and run,
> not on USB1 - where it tries, fails and thus clicks.

No, clicks are causes by the platters, this is a mechanical fault not
electrical, if there is not enough juice to spin up the drive it will do
nothing not click.

> And you don't know about power requirments for usb ;-)

And neither do you do you, when you sell hardware for a living come and
talk to me otherwise stfu, oh and don't tell me what I do or do not know
either OK