[Wolves] OT : need to find power supply for external hard drive.

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon May 17 10:01:31 UTC 2010

On 17 May 2010 10:46, Peter Cannon <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:
> On 17/05/10 10:37, Stephen Parkes wrote:
>
>> We got bored of podcasts donkeys years ago
>
> Or did we stop podcasting as we had a new role to play and could not
> afford to be associated with anything controversial?

Personally I stopped because if I wanted fame I've got more
interesting talents to showcase.  I left a band the first time some
deluded poor girl asked for my autograph after a practise session as
well.  :)

<serious bit>
Being recorded when I was on a downer wasn't fun and those days I
didn't feel up to made me worry in the run up to recording if I was
going to be in the right mood.  It got stressful playing the part of
being the happy me which obviously is a vicious cycle.

LUGRadio probably took years off my life but those first few months
before I understood people listened and took notice of what I said was
worth the next few months of suffering.  Just don't expect me to do a
regular podcast on tech again cos it's not going to happen :)

I have a habit of walking away from everything and everyone when I'm
down so I can't alienate people too much.  That's why I walked away
from Wolves LUG the first time for a couple of years and that's why I
did it again last time only I stuck around a bit too long last time so
things didn't work out as well as they did previously.
</serious bit>

I can't speak for the other but I'm pretty sure they thought it had
run it's course when they stopped but seeing as jono and Aq are doing
bits and pieces again now perhaps they still have the bug.

--
Steve 'sparkes' Parkes - blog zx-81.com