[Wolves] Listing fuse mounted volumes on Ubuntu 9.04

Andy Jewell Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Thu May 20 12:35:15 UTC 2010

From: wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk [wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Dave Morley [davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk]
Sent: 20 May 2010 12:26
To: Wolverhampton Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [Wolves] Listing fuse mounted volumes on Ubuntu 9.04

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 11:19 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:11:49AM +0100, Andy Jewell wrote:
> > Further to our conversation about fuse last night, I've been googling round for an answer, but have drawn a blank so far...
> >
> > What I'm interested in, specifically, is finding out what is mounted and what filesystem it uses, like you get from _mount_ or _df_:
> >
> > example:
> >
> > andydj at yggdrasil:~$ mount
>
> [...]
>
> > gvfs-fuse-daemon on /home/andydj/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon (rw,nosuid,nodev,user=andydj)
>
> [...]
>
> > From this, you can see my home directory is mounted with fuse, but that's all you can tell - no idea what partition or filesystem. I *think* it's encrypted, but there's no way to tell from this.

Andy gvfs-mount -l should show up what is mounted

--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk

Still doesn't tell me anythig useful tho - with "gvfs-mount -li" you get the "unix device" but nothing that lets you relate back to the mount point, so I still can't tell , for example, where my /dev/sda12 is mounted.

But I've worked out some of it:

gvfs-andydj at yggdrasil:~$ gvfs-info -f  /home/andydj
attributes:
  filesystem::free: 3711942656
  filesystem::size: 39371034624
  filesystem::type: ext3/ext4

But that *still* doesn't relate the mount point to the device.

Any more ideas anyone?

Andy D'Arcy Jewell
SysMicro Linux Support

T:  +44 (0) 844 991 8804
M: +44 (0) 7961 605631
F:  +44 (0) 844 357 7020
E:  andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
W: www.sysmicro.co.uk

CRN THE CHANNEL AWARDS 2009 WINNER
SysMicro named CRN’s Editor’s Choice for Emerging Business of the Year 2009, recognising SysMicro for our considerable growth, specifically in Enterprise Solutions.