[Wolves] iPlayer desktop on Ubuntu 10.04 not downloading shows

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Mon May 31 17:41:11 UTC 2010

On 31/05/10 18:07, Political Penguin wrote:

> Didn't the BBC adopt a new form of locked down DRM from Adobe recently
> that effectively renders it impossible for open source third party
> clients to use the download and play locally functionality?

I was going to proffer the BBC/get_iplayer debacle early hours of this
morning but then thought possibly Alex is using the official BBC iplayer?

Don't quote me but I believe the BBC has 'got it in' for us open source
types so maybe there is some correlation between problems on Linux based
systems as apposed to Windows (Or Mac?).

It may well be a red herring visa vie get_iplayer. <shrug>