[Wolves] OT: Recommendations for LED monitor?

Lee Parkes leep at bogus.net
Mon Sep 20 10:07:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 06:11:08PM +0100, Peter Oliver wrote:

> LCD, you mean?  I don't think anyone has put OLEDs larger than about 7
> inches into production, yet, and you have to sell your grandmother to
> afford one.
>
> I bought a Dell U2410 recently and don't have any complaints.  It gave me
> horrible eyestrain out of the box, but was fine once I'd tweaked the
> brightness/contrast/colour balance.

Thanks for the info folks :)

It seems the confusion is over what is used to backlight the panel. Some are
fluorescent tubes, others are LED. Seems that LED backlighting is better.

Cheers,
  Lee

leep at bogus.net DOC #25 GLASS #136 www.mud-dog.org
I Need A Reason To Stand Up And Fight
Need To Believe What I See - The Silver Drop - Mnemic
http://www.socialvibe.com/#/causes/35