[Wolves] PHP / APACHE Question

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 18:40:03 UTC 2011

On 07/04/11 12:19, Re-LoaD wrote:
> Hi All,
> would anyone know if it is possible for apache to only execute php files
> owned by one user or group..
>
> ie
>
> info.php owed by me would return the phpinfo page.
>
> and
>
> infonotmine.php would just return
>
> <?php
>
> phpinfo();
>
> ?>
>
> is that possible ? it would save me a 5417 load of work..

One possible approach could be to use mod_rewrite to redirect the server
to running a different script. This would examine the file ownership (or
any other criteria you care to use) and decide whether to run the file
specified in the original request URI or return its content to the user
agent as a static page.

Not sure if there's a less kludgy/nasty way to implement this, but it
should achieve what you want.

J.