[Wolves] Ron

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Wed Aug 17 19:49:33 UTC 2011

> > Sorry we we stole  some of your IPv6 talk audience.

> TBH, the room was pretty full  anyway, I feel sorry for whoever was in
> the great hall opposite us, as there  can't have been many people who
> didn't go to one of the 2  sessions.

*shyly raises hand*

I managed not to go to either session and didn't even make it to the great hall,
I got distracted talking to Alasdair Kergon about LVM and his attempts to
reverse engineer the BBC Doomsday project disks. Apparently the software was
written in BCPL (the language that inspired B which then inspired C), the source
code was lost years ago, and the legal problems include (but are certainly not
limited to) such things as who owns the copyright on school work!

So, sorry I missed both your sessions but despite that it was a top notch
weekend, those of you who didn't make it missed out, try harder next year  ;-)

Oh, and I won a Kindle. Mention that to Aq next time you see him. He's not
bitter about it at all :)

chris