[Wolves] Joomla! User Group Midlands

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 11:33:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 21:27 +0000, Chris Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all - forgive the intrusion to your mailing list.  I'll
> freely admint that I'm not a member of the LUG (but I'm seeing if I'll
> be available for the next meeting!) however I'm hoping this one-off
> will be forgiven for a good cause!
>
> We're setting up a Joomla! User Group for the West Midlands and my
> idea is to talk to as many FOSS user groups as we can.   The idea
> being that we should be able to talk to a range of people from those
> managing large sites to those who just want to set up a quick web site
> about their cats or something!
>
> We're also hoping that we'll be able to find people who are at the
> universities in the west midlands.  Anyone who can help us get some
> promotion (ether email, posters etc) into any of the local
> Universities will earn them selves a pint!
>
> So, if you are interested in Joomla!, or are able to help us get the
> message about the JUG into the uni's then I would be very happy to
> hear from you.  Check out the Facebook page at
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joomla-User-Group-Midlands/192439294117172 , and our meetings are on the 1st Wednesday of each month in the center of Birmingham.
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> Chris -.

I'm disgusted and appalled at this fragrant mis-use of the mailing
list ;)  Just kidding I encourage anyone interested to sign up.

I would however have to agree with Pete,  a lot of people are now
ditching FB due to their fragrant mis-use of private information, you
might do as well to setup a mailing list and or twitter/identica
feeds.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk