[Wolves] Joomla! User Group Midlands

Chris Williams chris at imnotplayinganymore.com
Mon Feb 7 19:51:47 UTC 2011

Peter, Dave, Mo,

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to seeing anyone who wishes to come
next month!

Twitter: @joomlamidlands
Linkedin: (Joomla User Group Midlands)
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3774361&trk=anet_ug_hm

Facebook isn't my all time fav. tool for this kind of things ether, however
we'll push everything from FB onto Twitter, and I'm going to set up a Google
Group or the JUG now (there's a good mix of super-technical users and those
who just want to keep things simple, so a group is a nice way to do it)

In fact, here it is!
http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-user-group-midlands<http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-user-group-midlands?lnk=gcimh>

I shall repeat ' thout shall not trample on other peoples' mailing list ' 10
times before I got to bed ;)

Chris Williams -.

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Dave Morley <davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 21:27 +0000, Chris Williams wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > First of all - forgive the intrusion to your mailing list.  I'll
> > freely admint that I'm not a member of the LUG (but I'm seeing if I'll
> > be available for the next meeting!) however I'm hoping this one-off
> > will be forgiven for a good cause!
> >
> > We're setting up a Joomla! User Group for the West Midlands and my
> > idea is to talk to as many FOSS user groups as we can.   The idea
> > being that we should be able to talk to a range of people from those
> > managing large sites to those who just want to set up a quick web site
> > about their cats or something!
> >
> > We're also hoping that we'll be able to find people who are at the
> > universities in the west midlands.  Anyone who can help us get some
> > promotion (ether email, posters etc) into any of the local
> > Universities will earn them selves a pint!
> >
> > So, if you are interested in Joomla!, or are able to help us get the
> > message about the JUG into the uni's then I would be very happy to
> > hear from you.  Check out the Facebook page at
> > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joomla-User-Group-Midlands/192439294117172, and our meetings are on the 1st Wednesday of each month in the center of
> Birmingham.
> >
> > Thanks for your time!
> >
> > Chris -.
>
> I'm disgusted and appalled at this fragrant mis-use of the mailing
> list ;)  Just kidding I encourage anyone interested to sign up.
>
> I would however have to agree with Pete,  a lot of people are now
> ditching FB due to their fragrant mis-use of private information, you
> might do as well to setup a mailing list and or twitter/identica
> feeds.
>
> --
> Seek That Thy Might Know
>
> http://www.davmor2.co.uk