[Wolves] Help

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed Jan 26 10:07:29 UTC 2011

think this is the address that is subscribed appologies to Dave if not
;)  (again)

On 26 January 2011 09:55, Peter Cannon <dick_turpin at archlinux.us> wrote:
> On 25/01/11 22:00, Stephen McCarthy wrote:
>> I wish to unsubscribe please do not send any more emails.
>
> You must do this yourself, the list is automated there is no human involved. If you look at the footer you will see where the mailing list home is go there enter your email address and password in the unsubscribe section and follow the instructions.

if you look at the footer of this message it describes how to
unsubscribe using email only.  This doesn't require you to remember a
password you may or may not have given if you subscribed using the
webform.

While it is possible for the list subscriber to unsubscribe people
from the list the lug mailing lists often generate a hundred plus
admin messages in a week (of which I am responsible for one this week
myself).  Many of which can be safely ignored but some require
attention.  It's a real pita dealing with these which is why you can't
expect a message on list like this to be dealt with promptly or even
at all and why lugs use all of mailmans automated features where
practical.   This is also why unsubscribe messages on list often get
flamed down ;)  people who have moderated any popular mailing list all
know what's involved and get a bit stressed sometimes ;)

Again HTH :)

sparkes

--
Distorted Poetry