[Wolves] Uncaged Monkeys, Thu 5 May in Birmingham

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Sun Jan 30 00:09:57 UTC 2011

There's a science/comedy show doing a tour of the UK, by the same
people who did Nerdstock for Christmas 2009. It's running at
Birmingham Alexandria on Thu 5 May from 7;30 and tickets are £29.75
and I'm going. Would anyone like to make a sort of LUG outing of it?

Here's the blurb, plus some links:

The first ever national science tour celebrating the universe and many
of the wonders that lie within it. The finest names in science
broadcasting gather together to talk of dark matter, black holes,
Bonobo apes, the big bang and anything else they can cram into two
hours.
http://www.alexandratheatre.org.uk/prod-productions_details.asp?VenueID=87&pid=2855

Robin Ince co-presenter of BBC Radio 4's Infinite Monkey Cage and
creator of the sell out smash Nine Lessons and Carols for Godless
People will be introducing great minds of science including -
Professor Brian Cox
   The other presenter of Infinite Monkey Cage, is also writer and
presenter of Wonders of The Solar System and soon to be aired Wonders
of the Universe.
   http://www.apolloschildren.com/brian/
   http://www.ted.com/talks/brian_cox_on_cern_s_supercollider.html
Dr Ben Goldacre
   Author of Bad Science and slayer of bamboozlers.
   http://www.badscience.net/
   http://vimeo.com/17889555
Simon Singh
   Author of the best-selling and award winning Fermat's Last
Theorem, as well as Big Bang and Trick Or Treatment.
   http://www.simonsingh.net/
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bG7EFhMw8w

I should say Nine Lessons and Carols for Godless People (Nerdstock)
celebrated atheism and this may also. That may or may not bother you.

Any takers?

PS Apologies to everyone who gets this twice. Replies won't cross posted.
--
Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk>
http://moreati.org.uk/blog http://twitter.com/moreati