[Wolves] Apologies for unwanted Google chat invitation (and ideas how to turn if off)

Ottavio ottavio at bigfoot.com
Mon Mar 21 07:49:46 UTC 2011

> From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com>
> Take a look at the very bottom of your screen when you are
> logged into Gmail.  There should be a 'small' link to turn on or turn
> off chat.

Yes, I can turn chat off, but sometimes I chat with some people I know
and if you click on the wrong name you automatically send him/her an
invitation to Google chat. Quite annoying.

 It;s just under where it tells you how much of your Gmail
> inbox you are using.
>

> From: Dan Dart <dandart at googlemail.com>

> If you don't want to turn it off completely you can go into
> Settings>Chat and switch "Auto-add suggested contacts" to "Only allow
> people that I've explicitly approved to chat with me and see when I'm
> online".

Yes, it's already setup this way but yet all contacts appear in the
pane. I think this is a bug

--
Ottavio