[Wolves] Staffordshire, proprietary software, & EU procurement rules

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 4 12:51:47 UTC 2012

On 04/04/12 11:31, Andy Wootton wrote:
> Any BCS members can respond to a consultation document about 'open
> standards ... in government IT' as part of a formal consultation process.
> Last time I heard of this happening the 3 responses the BCS received ended
> up as UK government policy

Government policy in this area (open standards, IT procurement & SMEs)
is very good [1] - sadly, government *practice* is a long way behind.

[1] There's a meeting at the end of the month, organised by
Policy Exchange, & called "Open Standards for Open Government? "
<http://policyexchange.org.uk/events/item/open-standards-for-open-government?category_id=37>
http://www.opensourceconsortium.org/content/view/193/1/

  - Richard