[Wolves] yet another php/mysql question

Wayne Morris waynelists at machx.co.uk
Sat Apr 14 10:03:16 UTC 2012

On 14/04/2012 09:48, Gavin Henry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You mention record.php but you have:
>
> action=\"updaterecordtest.php\">"
>
> Also, you should clean up data from forms instead of adding straight
> to your DB ;)
>
> Thanks.

hi
the filename given was just a simplification of actual for ease of
understanding the file purpose on here ;-)
Clean up and prettyness is done on my 'live' files, whilst I'm just
buggering around with testing stuff works I like to keep the basic
operations straightforward
so the tidying isn't the cause of the failure ;-)

Back to the intital problem, the solution to find the ID and use that
works fine.
I'm still a little confused that why $id is present and correct on
submitted form,  yet isn't transmitted with all the other variables to
the recording file - everything else is there.
More playing with it when I have time ;-)

Cheers