[Wolves] Any mobile device App writers on here?

sparkes stephen.parkes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:22:28 UTC 2012

On 17 April 2012 11:09, Wayne Morris <waynelists at machx.co.uk> wrote:

> How does one take things like this forward? Pay someone and take the app, or
> do a revenue share?

I've had dozens of people approach me convinced their idea is worth
revenue share over the last few years and I've done none of them
because they aren't.  If you go back to when I made most of my money
doing we development the figure is in the hundreds and I didn't do any
of those either.

In fact I now don't even allow people to tell me their ideas at all in
case they claim I ripped them off later.

The last company that wanted to do a revenue share type deal had
£100,000 to invest in the marketing to offset my input and I didn't
take that offer up.  That project would have been a couple of months
for one developer and a UI designer so not a big project.

As an aside that company later tried to buy us out completely using
money raised on the US stock markets and has licences to develop major
IP from the likes of the BBC that are valued in the millions on the
balance sheets and coverage in the national media so they really do
have the contacts and clout to make that £100k mean something.

You're just not going to get the quality you need these days for
revenue share and nobody is going around giving discounts for the
promise of future work at the moment either.

Times are so hard that we are going back to working in our bedrooms
and I wouldn't work for revenue share :)

Steve