[Wolves] Help me test my vegan recipes web-site, please

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Sat Jul 21 11:55:09 UTC 2012

On 17/07/12 14:34, Andy D'Arcy Jewell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If anyone would like to help me test http://www.recipesforvegans.co.uk
> I'd appreciate it!

The following recipes appear twice when searching or browsing:

Avocado Salad
Gravy
Mushroom Soup
Roasted Pepper Ciabatta
Vegetable Pie

Search results show a number in front of each (recipe ID?) - present for
testing/development purposes? Numbers might imply duplicate records for
the above recipes?

May need to consider the case of multiple recipes genuinely having the
same name (e.g. different methods to produce variations of the same
dish) - depending on moderation policy this may be more likely to occur
if third-party contributions are allowed.

Date formatted as yyyy-mm-dd ... arguably it would be more "user
friendly" in a different format, e.g. with year at the end and month
written out in full.

Spaces in URLs (as appearing in links etc)... Hmm.. Maybe replace with
"+" or "_"?

Should the "white sauce" recipe list "soya margarine" as an ingredient
rather than just "margarine"?

I'd expect an "Easter Bunny" recipe to be meaty, but suprisingly it isn't!

Attempting to log in (@ around 12:54 today) reported "Internal Server
Error" :(

Speed seems pretty good.

Hope it goes well, wouldn't mind taking a look once it's recieved its
styling/design makeover. :) Very impressive range of recipes!

Regards,

James