[Wolves] Making your introduction

brendan wells wells862 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:23:24 UTC 2013

Hi all,

My name is Brendan Wells (Tim Williams may remember me from the
Moodlerelated circuit).

I have been a member of the mailing list for quite some time and always
read the posts as they pass by but I've always stayed mute because I never
made my introduction.

So, hello all!

I live in Dudley but work for the University of Nottingham, and have been
playing, working with, developing on GNU Linux\Unix since 1996 (I am 32).

At Notts I'm building their online learning platform based on Moodle on 12
VMWare front end web hosts (Centos 6.3 (2.6.32)) and Solaris Unix (SPARC)
database hosts.

I run Fedora 16 as my main desktop and raspbian wheezy on my 3 raspi's, all
with Xfce as the DM because it is the best, no discussion.

The snows allowed me to work from home and I hope to have enough time to
see you all in the Moon in Wolves (it is the one round the corner from the
bus station isn't it?).

Is it this Wednesday coming? What time do you tend to start turning up? How
do I know where the group is in the pub (the notts group all have Linux
user beards!).

Look forward to seeing you all soon,

Bren,