[Wolves] Fwd: rescuing data from windows 8 acer machine with efi boot

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 13:29:34 UTC 2013

First thing is.... can the BIOS see device?  If not, consider that the
drive itself might be fried :(  Which could mean the logic board is
done for.  Fingers crossed this is not the case.  Of course if it the
vendor should replace the drive but they will not pay out for data
recovery :(

On 14 October 2013 11:49, Mark Croft <mark.croft.lug at gmail.com> wrote:

> friend here in exmouth his windows 8 acer x600 desktop machine has decided
> to nuke the hard drive somehow it booting up with No Operating System found
> probably lost its MBR correct?
>
> for now i am just trying to get the data (pics,etc) from his windows hard
> drive but linux will not see it when i boot a live cd (linux mint 15)
>
> I have switched off all the efi stuff in the bios found that info the web
> but can't seem to find out how to get it too see the hard drive in linux
> live mode ? tried ubuntu 13.04 and linux mint 15 , will try fedreo seems
> that the one people recommended with efi setup.
>

> thanks for you help
>

> mark

Kevan
Linux user #373362