[Wolves] New'ish to the area....

Dave dave_maydew at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 8 10:13:15 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,
I've been running Ubuntu since around October 2009, after a good friend
from the Shropshire Linux User Group was demo'ing it at the Telford
Amateur Radio Rally, and I took the plunge and wiped Windows off my old
Sony Vaio VGC-V2M, which is still running Ubuntu 10.04LTS, but I needed
a PC which I could happily run the Compiz fusion zoom for my sight
impairment, and this old'ish Dell Optiplex GX620 does the trick so far,
but I'm looking at buying a Quad Core machine in the near future with at
least 8-16Gb RAM, and of course it'll be running either Ubuntu or some
Debian based distro.
I'll definitely pop along if I can get transport, even if I catch one of
the buses, something I've not done in years!

Yeah, Internet Radio is great fun, and I'll be broadcasting every
Tuesday 3 till 5 on Mint FM, using Internet DJ Console, which is a great
little program.

Which Podcast is it that you co-host? I'll take a listen.

Speak Soon,

Dave - "Live Long and Prosper the Linux Way!"

      "Message Sent using a Dell Optiplex GX620 powered by Linux!"