[Wolves] New'ish to the area....

Peter Cannon dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Sun Sep 8 15:32:51 UTC 2013

On 08/09/13 11:13, Dave wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> I've been running Ubuntu since around October 2009, after a good friend
> from the Shropshire Linux User Group was demo'ing it at the Telford
> Amateur Radio Rally, and I took the plunge and wiped Windows off my old
> Sony Vaio VGC-V2M, which is still running Ubuntu 10.04LTS, but I needed
> a PC which I could happily run the Compiz fusion zoom for my sight
> impairment, and this old'ish Dell Optiplex GX620 does the trick so far,
> but I'm looking at buying a Quad Core machine in the near future with at
> least 8-16Gb RAM, and of course it'll be running either Ubuntu or some
> Debian based distro.

I've used them all. I've just started using Fedora again after loving Arch Linux for about five years. The only Ubuntu I have is Lucid 10.04 (Which we call the XP Pro of the Linux world on the podcast :-D) I have it on an Acer Revo R3600 which is under my TV and is a media centre.

> Yeah, Internet Radio is great fun, and I'll be broadcasting every
> Tuesday 3 till 5 on Mint FM, using Internet DJ Console, which is a great
> little program.
>
> Which Podcast is it that you co-host? I'll take a listen.

It's tdtrs.co.uk be warned, it comes with a government health warning and has rude words in it. If you're easily offended then it's not for you. :-D