[Wolves] OpenVPN under Ubuntu on both its server & client

John Rose john.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:09:51 UTC 2014

Chris,

I don't know what a Roku streaming box is let alone have one. The only
thing that I can think of that might cause this is that I have installed
Plex Media Server in order to play single video files from my
laptop/desktop to my new Sony TV. I've given the TV a fixed ip address
on my home network (i.e. configured my router). I haven't had any
success yet with Plex as it doesn't even want to see my home Videos
folder even though it has permsissions for Others to access it & files
on it have Others' read access. I've tried using minidlna & failed with
it. Any ideas for another ap to do this job?

I don't understand what you mean by routing in the OpenVPN config. I
haven't put any route parameters in either the server.conf or the
client.conf files. I'm not using a proxy server on either PC and I only
want to use Firefox for secure internet banking.

Regards,
John