[Wolves] OpenVPN under Ubuntu on both its server & client

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Wed Apr 16 16:46:27 UTC 2014

On 16/04/14 17:38, John Rose wrote:
> Adam,
>
> Thanks for the info on Plex & the dpt usage by it below. OpenVPN now
> works for my laptop as the VPN client to my desktop as the VPN server.
> I've used user/password authentication as that looks like the best way
> to use an Android device as a VPN client. I'm using VPN for Android app
> to configure & connect from my Android devices. However, I can't figure
> out how to save profile's details (entered into VPN for Android e.g.
> router internet address, required user & password) let alone how to
> actually start/stop a VPN session! I've emailed VPN for Android's author
> & am awaiting a reply.

I used OpenVPN for Android myself without any problems. I managed to
destroy my Nexus 4 so moved to a Nexus 5 after making the Nexus 4 worse
while trying to fix it. I haven't set it up since, but when I open it up
now the first thing I see is an add profile screen. I vaguely recall you
have to press the Save button after making changes rather than using the
back arrow button, but it was 6 months ago that I spent any time looking
at it.

Ad