[Wolves] problems booting up and shutting down

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 11:38:46 UTC 2014

Hello folk, sorry I have not deserted you, I'm still here!
I need some help if possible. I bought my wife a tablet PC Asus X553M. It came with windows on it. She hatedthe windows os and asked me to install Linux on it. My first choice for her was Linux MInt. I installed it but had trouble shutting down and booting up. So I wiped it off and replaced it with Ubuntu 14.04. Everything seems OK except the booting up and shutting down. It sometimes freezes on booting up, and always doesn't shut down fully, I have to hold the power button on until it shuts down. I also started getting a message saying there is "system programme error" but I couldn't find what it is, so I switched the notification off for now.
I have copied the system log file and attached here. Would anyone be able to look at it and / or tell me what the problems might be?
I have spent a couple of days searching the internet for a solution, many included tweaking the Grub file; I tried them but none worked :(
I think it is a hardware issue but not sure what cause everything is working as it should!
Thank you for any help or suggestion or solutions
Have a lovely Christmas